Life Science District S.r.l – LSD. “(“LSD” or the “Company“), with registered office in Milan, Via Turati n. 40 – 20121, Italy, as the “Data Controller“, provides you with information on the use of personal data pursuant to Article 13 of Regulation (EU) 2016/679 (the “GDPR“) and applicable Italian law on the protection of personal data (together with the GDPR, the “Privacy Law“).
- Identity and contact details of the Data Controller
The Data Controller is Life Science District S.r.l – LSD, with registered office in Milan, Via Turati n. 40 – 20121, Italy.
Below are the contact details of the Data Controller:
- e-mail: email@example.com
- Source of personal data, purposes and legal basis for processing
The free, explicit and voluntary inclusion of personal data in the digital forms on the LSD website entails the acquisition of such data by the Company, which data are necessary for any communication between you and LSD. The legal basis for this processing is your consent in accordance with Article 6(1)(a) of the GDPR, which is deemed to have been given when you enter your personal data. The data will be kept until the consent is withdrawn.
The IT systems and software procedures relating to the operation of LSD’s website acquire, during their normal operations, personal data whose transmission is implicit in the use of Internet communication protocols. These data are not collected in order to be associated with identified subjects; however, there data, by their nature, could allow the identification of users through processing and association with data held by third parties.
This category of data includes IP addresses or domain names of computers used by users logging on the website, URI (Uniform Resource Identifier) of requested resources, the time of the request, the method used to submit the request to the server, the size of the file obtained in response, the numerical code indicating the status of the response from the server (successful, error, etc.) and other parameters relating to the operating system and computer environment.
These data are used for the sole purpose of:
- obtaining anonymous statistical information on the use of the website;
- checking the correct functioning of the website;
- carrying out monitoring activities to support the security of the service.
The legal basis for this processing is the legitimate interest of LSD, pursuant to Article 6(1), letter f) of the GDPR and the data would be kept for the time necessary for this purpose.
Cookies are small text files transmitted from the websites to the devices of the users logging on such websites, which are retransmitted to the same websites during subsequent sessions. Cookies may have different characteristics and be used for different purposes, both by the owner of the website and by third parties. This website uses only technical cookies, which do not require the user’s consent. For further information, please refer to the extended information on cookies on the Company’s website.
- Categories of subjects to whom personal data may be transmitted
Within LSD, officers, employees and other members of the staff, in their capacity as authorised appointed/assigned processors of data, may become aware of personal data of the data subjects in the performance of their activities.
For the pursuit of the above mentioned purposes, the Company, without the need for any consent from data subjects, may transmit personal data to public or private entities in its fulfilment of an obligation under applicable law. The Company also avails itself, in the performance of its activities, of third entities, to whom personal data may be transferred without your consent, such as:
- outsourcers of administrative functions;
- outsourcers of control functions as;
- entities providing services for the implementation and management of the IT security system, web applications and telecommunications networks (including e-mail) and electronic archives.
The list of external entities to whom personal data are transmitted by LSD is constantly updated and is available at LSD’s headquarters. Each data subject may exercise his or her rights under the GDPR via-a-vis each data controller.
- Transfer of personal data to a third country
Your personal data will only be transferred outside the European Union if there is a decision of adequacy by the European Commission or other appropriate guarantees provided by the Privacy Law (including binding corporate rules and standard protection clauses).
- Rights of the data subject
We inform you that each data subject has the right to exercise the following rights pursuant to, and in accordance with, the GDPR:
- right of access to personal data in accordance with Article 15 of the GDPR;
- right to request the Data Controller to correct the personal data in accordance with Article 16 of the GDPR;
- right to request the Data Controller to erase personal data in accordance with Article 17 of the GDPR, or “right to be forgotten”;
- right to request the Data Controller to limit the processing in accordance with Article 18 of the GDPR;
- right to data portability pursuant to Article 20 of the GDPR, where the legal requirements set out therein are met.
The data subject may object at any time, for reasons connected with his or her particular situation, to the processing of personal data concerning him or her in the cases provided for in Article 21(1) of the GDPR.
The above rights may be exercised by submitting a request without formalities to LSD at the following addresses:
LSD, in accordance with Article 19 of the GDPR, informs the recipients to whom personal data have been communicated about any corrections, cancellations or limitations of the treatment required, where possible.
- Right to lodge a complaint to a supervisory authority
Each data subject has the right to lodge a complaint with the National Authority for the protection of personal data, in the cases and in the manner provided for by the relevant procedure available on the website of the Authority, www.garanteprivacy.it.
- Right to withdraw consent to the processing at any time, without affecting the lawfulness of processing based on consent before its withdrawal
We inform you that according to the GDPR each data subject, for any processing based on his or her consent, has the right to withdraw consent to the processing at any time, without affecting the lawfulness of processing based on consent before its withdrawal.
- The transmission of personal data is not mandatory
Apart from the data regarding the navigation on the Company’s website, as described above, the provision of personal data is voluntary; however, any refusal to include personal data on the web-page dedicated to contacts makes any processing by the controller of such data and any communication with the Company impossible.
- Communication in case of processing for different purposes
In the event the data controller intends to process personal data for a purpose other than those for which such data were collected, it will provide the data subject, at a time prior to further processing, with information about that different purpose and any other relevant information under this Policy.
- Automated decision making and profiling
The processing does not involve any automated decision-making process or profiling.
Life Science District S.r.l – LSD.